It is that time, one of my favorite times of the year, October and Halloween. Children and adults alike are preparing to show their inner persona by following the custom of choosing the perfect Halloween costume. A disguise that often represents who they secretly believe themselves to be representing an inner or shadow side as well as the light side. October is the month when it is acceptable for both sides to come out and play.
Debbie Ford in her book The Dark Side of the Light Chasers discusses the healing power of embracing your shadow side in a balanced way, and we know this instinctively as children especially at Halloween.
Children become their Halloween costume knowing that deep down inside they desire certain qualities that character has to offer, for example, power and recognition among other shadow gifts. Children also understand intuitively that when needed being a mummy, the Hulk, or a princess would bring balance and wholeness to their life.
So go ahead, have fun choosing the perfect Halloween costume and even consider working with some of the crystals below as you greet, accept, and strengthen the balance between your shadow and light qualities.
Shadow Side Crystals~
- Covellite- Supports intention, integrating shadow traits, and meeting your Karma.
- Black or Brown Flint- Accepting and finding the gift within your shadow side.
- Peach Selenite- Accepting your shadow side to expand self-awareness.
- Morion Quartz- exploring the shadow and its gifts.
- Phantom Quartz- Reconciles the shadow qualities and integrates the gifts.